What could be the reasons for not ejaculating?
- Anejaculation is the complete absence of ejaculation, which is usually related to a disorder in the emission of semen into the urethra.
- The reason for the lack of ejaculation during intercourse is most often the dysfunction of the central nervous system, but not only.
- Patients with ejaculation disorders should first go to a urologist who will conduct a detailed interview and order appropriate tests. It is possible that you will also need to visit other specialists, primarily a neurologist.
How does lack of ejaculation manifest itself?
Lack of ejaculation, according to the definition given in the journal of the English Society of Andrology, is the complete absence of ejaculation – both normal and retrograde, caused by disorders in the emission of semen into the urethra .
It is worth noting that the lack of ejaculation in men is usually not related to the abnormal feeling of orgasm. On the contrary, orgasm is normal but not accompanied by ejaculation, which is sometimes referred to as a dry orgasm .
The medical literature also features the concept of anorgasmia , the inability to achieve orgasm, which usually leads to anejaculation.
What’s more, the lack of ejaculation should be differentiated from delayed ejaculation, i.e. requiring unusual stimulation of the erect penis to achieve orgasm. In addition, retrograde, weakened and premature ejaculation are also distinguished.
Retrograde ejaculation is the failure of normal, descending ejaculation as a result of semen moving backwards into the lumen of the bladder. The weakened one is characterized by a reduced ejection phase of ejaculation, but with the correct emission phase. Premature ejaculation, on the other hand, is diagnosed when ejaculation occurs about a minute after vaginal penetration begins.
Reasons for not ejaculating
In the literature, it is most often indicated that the reason for the lack of ejaculation during intercourse is the dysfunction of the central nervous system (spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease , multiple sclerosis ).
Secondly, the effects of drugs, most often antidepressants and antihypertensives, are mentioned. It should be remembered that alcohol abuse can also result in the lack of ejaculation .
In addition to dysfunctions of the central nervous system, dysfunctions of the peripheral nervous system are also indicated. The key place here is occupied by polyneuropathy, which is a consequence of diabetes.
Other reasons for the lack of ejaculation in men cannot be ruled out , including:
- ectopic dilation of the ureter,
- urethral stricture,
- urethral valve or cumulus hypertrophy,
- prostatectomy (removal of the prostate),
- congenital defects of the triangle of the bladder,
- congenital deficiency of dopamine β-hydroxylase.
Is not ejaculating harmful?
Many patients wonder if not ejaculating is harmful . From the medical point of view, male orgasm without ejaculation does not pose a threat to the patient’s health, as it is itself a symptom of dysfunction of the central or peripheral nervous system. As specialists from the English Society of Andrology point out, in the treatment of ” dry ejaculation ” pharmacological agents and psychotherapy do not bring satisfactory results.… full text